Dec 6, 2005

the grinch...

so, i wanted to make the December issue of BOTH BOTH the Christmas issue...i thought i would do this by using mint-green paper instead of yellow and quoting from a Chrismas Carol instead of a pop song...Steve Dickison just informed me that i got it all wrong...

...here's what i quoted (from memory) "well the weather outside's delightful..."

oops...

...here's what it should say/sing "O the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful, etc."
—"Let It Snow" (lyric Sammy Cahn, music Jule Styne, 1945)

my mom and sister (who def. have the Christmas spirit) would be disapointed...

generally i'm facinated by people who can retain and recite song lyrics...like my sister, my roommate, most girls...nothing NOTHING sticks with me...even the songs that mean/meant the most to me...can't remember a thing...like recently finding out that the lyric goes "shot through the heart and you're to blame..." and not, as i've been singing it my whole life "shot through the heart and you're to late..."...i'm hopelessly complacent with just humming or using nonce-words depending on my mood to fillout the song...

...i'm a mess...

1 comment:

House Press said...

A friend of mine here in Indiana thought that the chorus to that great hit from the 80's "Rock me Amadeus" was - "My potatoes" - it's funny if you you're singing along to it. He also got fired from Little Ceasar's Pizza after two days of constantly saying "Pizza, Pizza".

Go Tim!