Jan 11, 2006

EPOFERO POLI...

just got out of the shower where i tried this new Clinique facial scrub (stocking stuffer), and i must say my forehead feels as soft as a caterpiller's back...

sick as all motherfucking hell of these climate induced nose bleeds (aclimate already!!!)...seriously, at least 6 times a day i get a gushing bloody nose from the left nostril...sinister..."i need some Afrin/ to clear my sinus/ i'm all congested and backed up like Frisco" —Eligh

about to start the final read through of the Bombay Gin final round packet...mostly crapola...thank God for solicitations...

i think i'll have oysters for lunch...

...my mom sent me a ham through the mail...

...check out the new A Tonalist blog linked at the sidebar...

currently listening to Howard Shore The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers sountrack

2 comments:

BB said...

Dude, true story...so now that I'm a card-carrying eater of fish, it's been a whole new world. Lobster tails, mussels, sushi, orange roughy, yes swordfish steaks (I know, mercury) have fallen prey to my kitchen fingers and my restaurant fingers. I've had fish tacos with fresh snapper and cactus, I've had shrimp basted with cumin olive oil, I've had soft shell crab. okay? get me? feel me? So I decide, as i'm at the fishmonger, mmmmm, OYSTERS. So I buy a dozen oysters thinking what the fuck, no problem, bout to eat these raw in the half-shell with Alli Warren. But when I get home I realize I have no idea how to get the osyter part, so I google that shit, only to learn that I must "shuck" the "oyster" before eating it. So I google that shit some more, and I feel confident. I've got my dull butter knife, I've got my towel over the hand, I've got my oyster. Just as I put the edge of the knife into the muscle in the first oyster's lip, Im nervous okay, a FUCKING WORM CRAWLS OUT OF THE OYSTER a FUCKING ALIVE WORM, now I'm fucking losing it, because all I know is that oysters are alive and I'm freaked out about killing the live thing anyway, but now I think THIS MOTHERFUCKING OYSTER isn't gonna take it anymore like Twisted sister and is coming out to fight back. It was just a worm, but I was still so freaked the fuck out that I couldn't bring myself to "shuck" any "oysters". Lucky for me Alli Warren had no such freakout, and she shucked 'em, and we fried 'em up in some crackers and hot sauce and boy they were delicious. Bon appetit.

John Sakkis said...

that is ufin' disgusting...AND YOU STILL HAD AN OYSTER MEAL?! you're braver than me...i would've thrown the rest of them out and bounced to Burger King...in fact, i may had gallo salami for lunch because of that story...

...also, forget the mercury in swordfish i'd worry about the giant stomach parasites...google that shit to...talk about worms...these things (which live in like 2 out of 5 swordfish) are massive...

btw, does LRSN have a new chapbook out...saw something oblique on Alli's blog about something alluding to something oblique involving LRSN...