Jan 18, 2006

float like a butterfly sting like an onion...

just got back from the grocery...gave myself deader arm walking hecka heavy goods home...DOUBLE FISTING IT!!!

1. candle (because i rely on matches to light my cigs and i've recently been out of matches and have been white trashly resorting to lighting my smokes with the oven burner...ghett...O!
2. toilet paper and mayo
3. super Summer sausages (because i have about 15 kinds of gourmet cheese in my fridge with nothing to eat them with)
4. two cans of Chunky Cambell's soup (as an incentive to keep me away from 7-11 after the bar on the weekends)
5. hamburger meat (i just got done preparing burgers for the freezer (my ritual is to cook a burger every Sunday, Greek style (sans bun) and watch Desperate Housewives)...my own burger concoction includes extra virgin olive oil, balsalmic vinegar, atomic bomb hot sauce, lemon juice and onions all mixed together into a lumpy spicy patti...))
6. one huge red onion (oh man, i can't tell you how hard i was tearing up slicing this onion...all the while dancing around to M.I.A. in my kitchen)
7. fuji apples and bannana's (someone once called me a fruitarian...cheers!)

...and speaking of meat, Silliman is too!!! all about Linh Dinh's erotic "meat" poems...
...and then Koshkin is putting together a "meat anthology"...that is, an anthology of poetry all about MEAT!!! the only poets that i know for sure are included are Lisa Jarnot and Logan Ryan Smith...that's fun!!!

here's one of my favorite Dinh poems:

Assholes

If I remember correctly, Bruce Chatwin
Declared the camel's to be the most elegant,
Over the cat's, horse's and human's.
I am no fan of the chicken's or the elephant's,
But the human asshole, like the human nose,
Hair, penis and breast, comes in such a variety.
Some are rimmmed pink, others are bruised purple.
Some are scraggly, bohemian, others well-trimmed.
Some are pert, saucy, even threatening.
Some are fankly shy, others coquettish.

...me again...and then two yahoo headlines that cracked me up/baffled me today...
"study: men enjoy watching mean people suffer" and "scientists discover new psuedo-scorpian species in caves"...at first glance i thought the latter read "scientists discover new psycho-scorpian species..." imagine coming across a "PSYCHO-scorpian in a dark cave"...roll a d20 and bust out your magic missle...

...currently listening to Leonard Cohen The Future...

1 comment:

Jessica Smith said...

for some reason, hearing about you cutting a red onion and crying while dancing strikes me as so amazingly beautiful. i can't get the image out of my head. it's so... mortal. i don't know.