Jan 18, 2006

revelations...

funny how they work...i don't get it...like, a week ago when i checked the mail i found about 6 letter's addressed (by name) to my landlord...this isn't the first time it's happend...so, i'm thinking "i wonder why i keep getting mail for Erikur (landlord) in the mailbox..."...skip to tonight...i'm walking home from mailing some BOTH BOTH's, i have a bottle of Jameson in hand approaching my apartment, i just finished a smoke and am reaching into my jacket pocket to pull out my keys when it hits me...Erikur's mail is finding it's way into my mailbox because he used to live in my apartment (that's right, i've got the plush "building manager" apartment)...and the only reason i know this is because about a month 1/2 ago my garbage disposel was clogged and begining to flood the sink...i had to go to Erikur's apartment so he could call maintenance...when i invited Erikur into my apartment so he could take a look he remarked "i used to live here, this was my favorite (gesturing to the dining room) place to study..."...that's it, disposel fixed, never once thought about it again, and needlessly to say didn't connect any mail mishap dots...so, why O' why do the synapses snap into gear randomly tonight?! i wasn't thinking about it, it hasn't been bothering me, nothing NOTHING would have indicated that i'd connect the obvious (now, duh) clues...weird...the only thing i can think (ha!) is that somewhere, somehow my unconscious mind has been really hot and bothered by this seemingly puzzling situation...has been working at figureing it out for the last couple of months without my conscious mind being so much as privy...i love this, sort of freaks me out and makes me love being a homo homo sapian all at once...

...currently listening to Living Legends Angels With Dirty Faces...

No comments: