Apr 17, 2006

stencils!

i sort of live in Naropa Alley...





since i have no thesis to write or thesis related books to read i'm going to try for two books a week for the rest of my time in boulder...can't wait to dig into recreational reading...

i think i'll go to the bar for happy hour and have a whiskey in celebration of thesis...Francois you wanna meet there, say around 5:00?

...currently listening to Miles Davis Blue Miles...eck...enough with the jazz already, i HATE that i'm obsessive compulsive...i'm on order by "album"...next is "genre" then i've hit for the cycle...

6 comments:

BB said...

Hey John, can you make a stencil of my face and the words "Embodied Poet" underneath it and spray paint it on like 1000 phone poles thanks

François Luong said...

My disembodied voice will be there.

John Sakkis said...

already did it...

funny, the dance performance this week (with my poem) is called "embodied poetics"...

my forehead is grossing me out right now...i'm not sure why but my pores are huge...i think pollen may be getting stuck in them...

Jessica Smith said...

that's gross john. get biore strips.

embodied poetics is much more interesting than disembodied poetics.

stencil graffiti is the best. have you ever looked at how much awesome stencil stuff there is on flikr?

Eric said...

Enforcing 2 books/wk is not exactly "recreational" reading anymore than your music listening program is "enjoyable."

I just finished my 93rd straight Hugh Kenner essay.

I've said it before, I'll say it again:

I
Hate
Fun

John Sakkis said...

well, you're right...i'm not exactly a recreational reader...all my books have an "order" like the music...ordered by genre...journal/ poetry books/ prose books/ comic books/ books by friends/ magazines etc...BUT, i'm a pretty prolific reader...two books a week ain't no thang...so, we'll try for two but aim for 4 books a week...and that includes all genres...

my pores! my poor godamned pores! pollen stuck in my poor godamned pores!