Jun 11, 2006

what i had for dinner...a tragedy...



oh, and i watched disc 2 season 4 of Oz...

and then i watched Mexico wreck shop on Iran...boo!

...currently listening to The Grouch Making Perfect Sense...(what's up Corey!) (side note (itty bitty name drop moment): Grouch aka Corey
  • Living Legend
  • used to come to my house a bunch back in the day before he was like the king of independent rap music, he was best friends with my cousin Petro (who just graduated from Wharton and is now living in China) from Skyline High in Oakland...both Petro and Corey were also friends with the Heiro kids (Souls of Mischief what?!)...anyway, Corey used to drive his huge purple cadi over to my house to play pool, air hockey and basketball, he'd always beat me at everything as he was 6 years older (he didn't seem to think this was unfair)...so, if you listen to Corey's first album, the Bay Area classic, "Don't Talk To Me" check out the song "Car Troubles"...that's all Petro and Corey in the purple cadi...i think the chorus goes something like "fuck my car fuck the thieves for trying to take my shit/ fuck my car for always simply trying to break and shit/ fuck insurance fuck the motherfuckin' DMV/ and fuck the traffic court judge for not believin' me"

    "if i had a flat tire you'd probably pass/ and if you stopped i'd better watch my ass"
    —Grouch

    No comments: