Feb 22, 2007

books

i realized the other day that i'm a genre-poet.

i write books within genre.

my first book, PSYCHOPOMP, is a ghost story.
my second book, he, don Juan, a translation, is about sorcery and translation.
my third book, Thrush-too (possibly changing the title to Rude Girl), is a love poem.
my fourth book, Modesto, is a true crime mystery.
my fifth book, An Anglo-Saxon History, is a history.
my sixth book, The Islands (in progress), is a memoir and a history.

that being said, i think my next book is going to be about aliens. i think my next book will be about aliens and NASA. just like the book i wrote about sorcery and translation this book is going to be about technology.

i think i will use YouTube as much as i'll use other books to write this book. i think this book will rely on technology. i think i might be able to find this book in Concord. in other words, i don't think i'll have to go to the library to write this book. i think being un-specific will be very important to the writing of this book.

i think this book will be about aliens and technology and Mexico and the BBC and NASA and biology and lucid dreaming and computer hackers and the movies and humans and astral travel and memory (but all my books are about memory).

in my wildest dreams this book would resemble an episode of The X-Files.

i would like to write about aliens and such as though all the videos on YouTube were authentic.

i don't want this book to be (too) funny or precious.

i would like to write about the way i feel about these subjects as honestly as i can.

4 comments:

François Luong said...

Well, if you are a genre writer, what does it make me? A scientific vulgarizer, like Isaac Asimov, trying to explain what the Fourier transform or the Riemann do? Well, you need to write noir poems now!

Did we just come out as geeks again?

Hayes said...

I hear a question from Bhanu brewing, in her words, "John, What do you refuse?"

John Sakkis said...

dude, that's TOTALLY what bhanu would say!

did you see her new book? she thanked our class (the monster class)...awwww...we're the best!

Hayes said...

hell, yeah, i saw that shiz!!! We the bomb dawg...talk about a book! I'm half way through it....i want to write a whole critical esay book on her work...shit after my thesis, i'm already a quarter of the way there...

Oh, and john, check out Water Damage: a map of three black days, corollary(sp?) press...its a new chap o bhanu's that is everthing dialogic, schizophrenic and nomadic....but what else could we expect from bhanu...this chap seems also like it may have been written around the time of the monster class!

and yes, john, we are the best.