May 18, 2007

what does "stick out like a sore thumb" even mean?

last night i mangled, MANGLED my right thumb on a cheese grater...

like, that moment when you maim yourself and suddenly your skin is totally meat, nothing more, just gross damaged meat...like, when you can suddenly see bone under a white slab of flesh out of nowhere...it's a weird sensation...blood gushing, chicken-flesh flapping and then you think, i may as well have taken a raw steak and grinded it as hard as i could into a brand new sharp cheese grater...that's what my finger looks like right now.

i spotted a dude on the bus this morning who looked down at my finger and then nodded his head as if to say "yeah, that dood got fucked up..."

good morning.

the Greek Festival is this weekend.

3 comments:

Logan Ryan Smith said...

this post has caused me pain.

John Sakkis said...

typing it caused me paint.

John Sakkis said...

i meant pain.

see, a damaged thumb is no good on the keys.