Dec 20, 2007

...

i'm at home right now, i left work in a vomitory hurry...not sure what happend, i was working the warehouse when suddenly my stomach started bubbling off...i can only think of two possible causes 1. bad milk in my coffee...but i love International Cafe in the LH, i don't want to believe it...the hot middle age Ethiopian barista winks at me and calls me "sweetie" and "Mr. DJ"...and she freaking steams milk for my house coffee without me asking...love her...or 2. the 2 year old antibiotics i started taking last night to aid my body in beating the shit out of this lingering sinus infection...boo yeah!

probably the the latter huh...?

anyway, i'm at home for a second, i'm going to eat some tangerines and persimmons (which DO smell like semen) to try and settle my lower regions...

oh, and thanks thanks thanks to my brother's girlfriend EMMA
(okay, cheap excuse to repost that picture of me and Emma but it's sooo good)
for the birthday gifts...esp. the zines!...the goods pictured below...
Ecstatic Peace! sweet release #2 (this is Thurston Moore's label's zine...so obvious boner for me, and it came with a CD comp, score!...) and AVOW #17 and #18 and finally a neat little photographic zine called Selfless (#1 photos by David Potes 34/50) that i'm going to hang on my bedroom wall...

there's a nice little handwritten (actual ink) epigraph
ostensibly written by Mr. Potes himself that reads

it's not what i can do for myself
its what i can do for you.
dedicated to the fact of doing
something and not getting
anything in return

letting go of limitations
letting yourself fall into place.
shamelessly selfless.

...

couple random thoughts on rap music before i eat my fruit and head back to work...

is there anything less interesting than rapper's rapping about the illuminati...fucking snore...

if you write “birds are actually pretty fowl” you sound more like a rapper than a poet, yeah?

most rappers will inevitably say “I transform like Megatron” during a battle...

3 comments:

Dimitri said...

My girlfriend has a pull out couch in her heart for you.

John Sakkis said...

i like that.

Logan Ryan Smith said...

ha! that's pretty good.