Dec 27, 2007

...

roundup

i'm still in Concord (28 degrees!) but heading back to the City (annoying capitalization!) in a bit...

my brother is moving from the TL to the Western Edition...i'm helping him move tomorrow...i'm helping him move with anticipation and vigor...hurray for James.

Christmas was wonderful...Emma was the New Edition this year...she handled the Sakkis's with poise and charm and an indefatigable sense of humor (that laugh holy moly that laugh)...trust me, it can be rough sitting through my sister's Marisa Tomei impressions, but she done good, and how!...i speak for my parents when i say that Emma is welcome in their house for as long as my brother still likes her...hurray!

some stuff i recieved off the top of my head:

1. Yamaha PSR-S600 (holy shit!)

2. Trapped in the Closet chapters 12-18 (or whatever)

2. Fishing With Jon ("down on the waaaaater/ fishing/ with Jon")

3. Battlestar Galactica Season's 1-2.5 (zap!)

4. Kenneth Cole leather boots (saucy!)

5. Kenneth Cole slacks (brown and black) (savage!)

6. Barely Dead (rolling documentary) (harumph!)

7. 20th Century Eightball- Daniel Clowes (chong!)

8. Love and Rockets #6- Los Bros Hernandez (oy oy oy!)

9. The Complete Poems of Ted Berrigan (crotchity!)

...

i gained 10 pounds...stuff i've eaten since Monday:

1. biscuits and gravy (3 days in a row!)

2. pastichio (4 days going!)

3. two boxes of See's candy

4. approx. 25 sugar cookies, 10 chocolate chip cookies, 7 peanut butter cookies, 6 snicker doodles (hate saying "doodle"), 9 pecan sandies

5. 3 eggs, 4 bacon, 1 sausage, 3 english muffins, large fistfull hashbrowns, 3 cups orange juice, 7 cinnamon buns, 4 cups coffee (one meal!)

6. 1 Concord burrito and bag o' chips

7. lot's of Greek lamb, 6 dolmathas, 4 spanakopita, 4 pieces garlic bread, no brocolini or carrots, half carton of spumoni and slice of ganache chocolate cake (one meal!)

i thought my spleen was going to burst a couple days ago...my mom was going to take me to Kaiser...turns out it was gas, go figure!

here's a Myspace bulletin i sent out on Tuesday...


"----------------- Bulletin Message -----------------
From: ONLYMERK!
Date: Dec 25, 2007 1:37 PM


my spleen may be exploding soon...i don't know, the left side of my torso is in extreme pain...maybe gas, maybe spleen explosion...i don't know, do you? should i be concerned? serious sharp pain in the intestinal area on my left side, below stomach heading into crotch area...hurts to laugh, cough and sit down/get up...what up though?

i'm also really full and have been since monday...been putting a lot of stuff in my body i don't usually eat/digest...gas maybe? but doesn't gas mean you're farting like crazy? i'm not doing that...

so, i'll be back in the city on thursday i think...

thanks for listening,
j"

my brother says i'm disgusting...

...

i missed my Megan but we had txt sex (tm'd)...i decided i'm going to visit Magie in St. Louis before she moves back to the Bay...Jay Slack is in town and i'll probably drink with him tonight or tomorrow...Brandon who i haven't seen in over a month (or talked to) invited me out for drinks (crazy rare) so i'm going to do that...


oh, i have a reading with Mark Linenthal on January 12th at 4pm in the Mission...Rob Halpern (that lovely lovely dreamboat) is curating...more details to come...

and then LRS and i will be driving down to LA with my brother and Emma on the 28th of January for a tag team reading at The Smell...thank you Josepsh Mosconi! more details to come...

3 comments:

Logan Ryan Smith said...

"speak for my parents when i say that Emma is welcome in their house for as long as my brother still likes her."

that's kind of hilarious, and just a tad off-color.

anyway, drinks 2nite, fo sho!

send me poetries!

François Luong said...

any reason why you would write "Edition" instead of "Addition"?

John Sakkis said...

for the love of bobby brown.