Dec 5, 2007

quick update

i don't work at UCSF anymore...

now i work for Empire Distribution...

it's the opposite of UCSF in that i'm on my feet for 9 hours a day (in a good way)

i don't check my myspace or blog for 9 hours of the day because i have nothing else to do (in a good way)

i get to see results from the work i put in (in a very very very good way)

it's not admin (oh fuck me lord in a good way)

i don't work with bullshiters (yes, yes in a good way)

i get to play my ipod on my ipod ghetto blaster as loud as i want (uh huh, in a good way)

i work with good friends (lovely lovely in a good way)

i work with amazing product, amazing apparel, amazing designers, amazing fill-in-the-blanks (go work for some geriatric psychiatrists and you'll see this is clusterfuck in a good way)

i'm feeling like i have my life back (in a good way)

they fired me two days after my birthday which was the same day i buried my bestfriend so i'm really glad i don't work with people like that anymore (obviously in a good way)

i'm about to go shoot pool with Roxy at Wazema (yes lordy in a good way)

so, bye bye UCSF, and hello long overdue feeling of self-worth and acomplishment (in a much needed "johnny's back" good way)

xoxo-john

4 comments:

shasta daisy said...

Life...you're supposed to enjoy it...(in a good way).

Logan Ryan Smith said...

congrats on all the "in a good way(s)"!

Kay said...

i hope the lord fucks you in a good way, and i hope the lord is a hot chick.

Amish Trivedi said...

Sigh, you've given hope to those of us stuck in our soul-sucking University jobs.

Well, if by 'hope', you understand, 'I'm in a jealous rage now because I wish I could do something other than my job but I'm stuck' kind of thing.

What bastards!

Good luck!