Jan 2, 2008

what i did on New Year's Eve (and 48 hours beyond)

worked until 6 and then came home to an empty apartment because the roommate is in Chicago so i popped an Anchor Steam and put on Led Zep and then the new Interpol and then Wings and then The Psychedelic Furs and i'm not going to mention which albums (aside from "the new Interpol") because i've already shelved them and don't want to get up for details and then smoked some cigs and had more Anchor and then played with my new PSR-s700 for a while and then worked out the last kinks of my book Rude Girl feeling really good about the work i did i treated myself to a big ass bowl of Chili and cheese and a toasty space heater and a bunch of crackle corn that went straight to my burgeoning holiday man tits and then watched disc 5 of the American Queer As Folk thinking "does this show really suck this bad, i liked it when i was 19 but...nobody acts human..." and then i went to bed and then i woke up at 11:38pm and thought "who the fuck cares..." and went back to bed...

the next day i watched Poetry In Motion, that awesome Ron Mann documentary, thanks mom, and some episodes of Fishing With John, thanks mom...FWJ is one of my favorite shows of all time (stumbled upon it at 14 on IFC not knowing anthing about John Lurie or The Lounge Lizards and was completely confused but totally immersed) and my mom bought the complete series for me for Christmas...then i ate some tuna salad and showered and played with my PSR-s700 for a few hours and then left the house and skated around the Lower Haight for a while and then met up with my brother and Emma at The Page and played pool and gossiped about neighborhood gossip and then came home and watched approx. 18 minutes of The Debaters and then passed out...

today i worked at Empire until 6 and then went to buy some beer at the corner store and was approched by Dante, one of the local (Lower Haight) dealers who asked me if i wanted to play some pool...so i went into Molotov's (the bar where crack dealer and punk rocker go "oy oy" together) and bought a beer and played pool with Dante for about half an hour and then bounced to the corner store again to buy some beer and walked home and read a story about the intense rain storms heading for the Bay Area that are supposed to last until Sunday with something like 50 mph winds and 70 mph winds in the hills...and i just finished listening to Richard Hell and the Voidoids, thanks mom! and then the Eurythmics and now Jesus Christ Superstar, thanks mom...my mom buys me records for every holiday and she's pretty good at knowing what's up, here's a photo of my mom "knowing what's up" throwing the westsider for real,except for Jesus Christ Superstar which was an impulse buy from Half Price Books in Concord, but she also bought me the Rocky soundtrack (which i already had) and some Hugo Montenegro so her heart was in the right place...and now i think i'm going to go to my room and turn on my space heater and maybe eat some trail mix and an apple and read some Love And Rockets and hit the hay...

and now i leave you with this KFC portrait i took in my kitchen on Superbowl Sunday ('06) in Boulder, CO with Jerimiah Bowen and Akilah Oliver full of The Colonel sappin' Pabst on my couch...it's titled Superbowl Boulder, CO and it's hanging in my bathroom...



this has not been a 2007 roundup...

No comments: