Feb 6, 2008

recent things

lately my habit has been to come home from work and listen to Christmas records and work on Rude Girl.

tonight i think i'm done with my Christmas records thing.

i came home from work and listened to Janet Jackson and Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker, Chaka Khan and now Mac Davis. i worked on Rude Girl and drank whiskey.

this week i will talk to Henry Lewis about Sappho and Alcaeus and i will sell these DVD's: Battlestar Galactica The Miniseries, R. Kelly's Trapped In The Closet Chapters 13-22, Sarah Silverman: Jesus Is Magic, The Office Season's 1 & 2 and the cd Epic Movie Music.

i got my hair cut today for free by Emma and Brandon at Edo, they tag teamed me. i made them a salon mix tape tonight.

a man begged me today for something, he started his thing by saying "i'm from New Orleans..."...this is the second time this has happend to me in my neighborhood.

last night i sweated a lot in my sleep. i attribute this to the apples and pistachio nuts.

Angelos and i started work on Demothenes Agrafiotis's new book Now 1/3. so far so good. we went to Fly Bar and got freaked out. that place used to be the worst but now it's unbearable.

Joseph Mosconi's new mag AREA SNEAKS #1 is hot off the press. Mosconi et al. are having a launch party at LA >< ART on Feb 16. i'd go if i was in LA.

the first BOTH BOTH Reading Series b/w Alli Warren & Michael Slosek is at my place this saturday 2/9 at 7pm. you're all invited.

watched Trekkies last night and loved it. reminded me of the quote "if you call yourself a 'nerd' you probably aren't one..."...refering to 'geek-chic' and 'weird-guy' complex...it's hip to be fringe and all that noise.

we're going to set up a rail in the warehouse, we will skate the rail on our lunch breaks.

the D-Structure Delicious Drips show last Friday was off the hook. i introduced myself to my favorite reality tv show personality, Russel Morse, from MTV's I'm From Rolling Stone...he said "hey, nice to meet you John..."


my Meg just texted me "hi baby..."

i guess i accidentally registerd as American Independent Party thinking i was registering Independent (a common mistake so i'm told by Potrero Hill on SFist) so i couldn't vote for OBAMA. i guess the old school Independent vote is now registered as Decline To State (DTS). i asked for a Dem ballot after realizing the mistake, the polling people said no, so i didn't vote for any pres candidate, i didn't recognize any AIP names. JANKY. but, i DID vote a huge NO against that retarded "let's turn Alcatraz into a Peace Center initiative"...that felt good at least.

tonight i think i might eat some apples and aged cheese and watch some BSG. you?

people who i haven't seen in a while:

Stephanie Young
Armand C.
Cesar
Steve Orth
Brent Cunningham
L-BO Hobo
Adam Venter
Deme Sakkis
Jocelyn Saidenberg
Steve Dickison
Susan Gevirtz
Benjamin Hollander
et al.

i guess that was a roll call

i haven't been playing keyboard as much as i'd like to

3 comments:

emily said...

Johnny! I know this is going to be a bit weird but I was actually looking for your sister. It's Emily Andrus from 100 years ago! Does she have a blog? Please email me at emily@ortonclan.com
I know I didn't make in on your "roll call" but I'd love to know what you guys are up to these days!

John Sakkis said...

haha, emily andrus from ryan rd.? great to hear from you! i think the last time i saw you you had pigtails and were on rollerskates, no joke. or was it highschool? same difference...

i'll send my sister your email. she'll be super excited to hear from you.

xo-j

Unknown said...

The only AIP I know is this strange fool that glares at me in the mirror. But he wrote this cool book "Learical Shrieks and Other Strange Giggles from the Twower". Don't quite understand any of it (sorry, I have to pimp myself cuz no one else will).

"If you have to say you're a nerd, then you probably aren't". Let's runs this logic through. I'm stating I'm a loser and I have no friends. I'm waiting for all of this to be untrue. . . waiting. . . . Though, I can say that I'm not thirsty and WHAMMO! I got a beer in my hand, what's up with that?

Take care, good Sir