Jun 26, 2008

today Steve D. saved my life...

by letting me borrow his ipod.

i've been listening to Radiohead and Lee Perry and Hank Williams all morning. it was a physical experience. i couldn't stop weeping while listening to Radiohead. i couldn't stop headnodding while listening to Lee Perry, and i couldn't stop smiling while listening to Hank. i haven't heard good music in 35 days. this is all very psychosomatic, thank you Steve D. my ears are dancing.

about to go to the beach with Joseph and his with Rita and Susan and Steve. about to exfoliate 2005 style. today will be the last time i swim in the sea. but first, i must fill my belly with yogurt and almonds and cheese.

3 comments:

BB said...

dude

2005 Paros. Riding with Anna M. and Fane and you and I think someone else, right? top down, shit-terrified at Fane's driving and I remember two songs come off this mix CD she's playing

"Blowin' in the Wind"
"Bohemian Rhapsody"

I remember "Blowin in the Wind" bringing me to tears, and I thought how fucking ridiculous? and "Bohemian" sounded like the illest, most interesting rock song EVER.

today? that's embarrassing. but then? oh man, did it sound good.

John Sakkis said...

for real! i was about to fucking murder Fani...worst driver ever. i mean, seriously, she was an idiot.

i remember Fani saying that Bohemian Rhapsody was The Wasteland of pop music. that chick was hilarious. i miss Fani. no i don't.

"tryin' to catch us ridin' dirty"

today i said goodbye to the exfoliating beach. my skin is as soft as Santa Claus's inner thigh...i'm sad. last swim officially. i don't want to leave.

i've been living in cutoff shorts and cutoff t-shirts for over a month now...how am i going to put pants on when i get back? how am i going to wear underwear when i get back? how am i going to wear socks when i get back? i'm concerned. i'm exfoliated and concerned.

Dimitri said...

it's very, very difficult.