Feb 18, 2009

weekend highlights

1. avoiding conflict with the Norteneos on Brandon's stoop

2. telling Bernheimer that scotch was douchy

3. dancing with A-Dub and L-Bo and Dan Fisher and Kenower (Kenower you're a genius)

4. moting Boldt on the Eagle Vs. Shark doppelganger (with my "wholesome" face)

5. Santino Rice!!! ("www dot santinorice dot com")

6. Arnone remembers Tenderloin-John Sakkis (censored)

7. threatening Brandon with love ad nauseum ("till you bleed")

8. singing Les Miserables AT Orth (and then cracking his back...delecious back crack...god it was good)

9. Bree and humus as protein diet sans protein

10. Logan at Mission Hill and the worst couple games of pool of my life

11. waking up at 1:30pm

12. Cat making me a Valentine's Day pancake, fried chicken and eggs breakfast

13. beer-hungover like highschool

14. SF under water

15. not showering until 7pm

16. walking Chance around Potrero Hill

17. I Love Money 2

18. bed before 10pm

19. driving to Bolinas with Cat in the rain (Valentine's Day non-hungover make up day)

20. eating chili in Bolinas in the rain (not getting harrassed by the locals)

21. getting lost on Mt. Tam in the rain (Cat as navagator)

22. post-Valentine's Day drinks at Madrone (new ownership! not as bad!)

23. dinner at Nopa (tagine, gavras, vodka tonic, gin tonic, polenta)

24. getting BOTH BOTH ups at The Page

25. rainy walk with Cat to Molotov's (Cat "are we stuck up?")

26. finishing Six Feet Under Season 2

27. mounds of Chinese food

28. beers and Baseball disc 4

29. Jon's new bike frame

30. Dodie saying this "My complaining about the Bay Area scene has been reduced by at least fifty per cent since my reception at John Sakkis' apartment." (gee whiz...you're the best Dodie!)

9 comments:

Alli Warren said...

I like yer moves, Sakkis. The knees-together thing.

BB said...

yeah, this is a good post. sorry about tino.

oh, and sorry about that part where I told Cat that I was in love with her and that we should run away together. I thought it was funny, but when I looked at you you had a look on your face like, "How could you?", like I was actually betraying you.

word verification is "noodi".

Dimitri said...

New ownership at madrone huh? Do they still charge a cover and have gigantic black dudes in gigantic leather jackets thugging out at the door pretending to be bouncers. Seriously, I could kill all of them. Who are they kidding.

John Sakkis said...

they weren't charging on sunday night...the bartender was pleasant, but that has never been madrone's problem...the crowd seemed different, less gel more plaid...but maybe it was sunday night...the music was really good, ipod DJ (haha) spinning the occasional record...they have a really nice art deco jukebox now...they still need to get rid of the creepy date rape sofa lounge area...but yeah, maybe a new place to go...

no bouncers...but i was outside smoking a cigarette and some folks walking in tried to give me there ID's all "hey man, how's it going...?" and i was like "it's freeeeezing out...come on in..."

Ridiculous Human Things said...

We had fun. I don't know what "moting" means but you're probably right. I experienced pure joy. You kept attacking people with love and threatening to throw folks out the window.

I also distinctly remember you saying, "Sara Larsen-Google says that it's called Eagle vs. Shark!" and I said, "I'm sorry. Sara Larsen is wonderful but she is not Google!" and then you were both right and I was wrong and got moted but I contend that that is not the true name of that movie because it doesn't sound right, except that it's a stupid name and the movie is stupid so maybe it's fine afterall.

Thanks for the times.

I may have told Cat that I'm in love with her too. Sorry.

AlanB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AlanB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AlanB said...

don't be surprised when bourbon starts tasting like cough syrup

tmorange said...

shit yawl that was sum wknd!

(word verification: baweeh)

xo,
t.