Aug 11, 2009

weekend abrevs...

on Saturday mashed over to the Potrero Hill skatepark with Micah "there's your boy" Ballard, Sunnylin, Patrick "your friend looks like a young female Jack Hirshman" Dunagan, my brother, my sister, Justin and Pat...


Kati's band Black Bow were on the bill...Thee Oh Sees were playing...some high-school aged looking girl who reminded me of Daria played and really pissed me off...i guess i give her props for getting up on stage and opening for some really great bands...but damn...she really pissed me off. she had that whole i'm bitter but it's kind of jokey thing going on...and i hated it...but Black Bow was great though you couldn't really hear them...Thee Oh Sees did their thing despite their sound getting eaten by the wind...some other folks played some folk music but i didn't catch their name...

me and Micah checked out the barefoot girl pro's carving the really intimidating concrete pool...they were amazing. Micah gave me crap about never making it to the park on Saturday mornings...we drank beers and talked about GI JOE...my brother got roped into pinata bashing by the girl-pro surfers
...he fell in love...he killed the pinata...the park cheered...neighborhood kids went crazy for candy...watched the bands...
Jake Phelps bummed a stog off of me in a Texas Longhorns hoodie
and we spotted Tommy Guerrero sitting right next to us you know it's going to be a good night if Tommy Guerrero decides to sit next to your group...holy crap.

caught a cab home...pulled a quick hip hop set...mashed over to Justin's for a party...spent an hour trying to figure out how to set up the turntables plus jacked-up mixer...figured it out...played my hip hop set...cracked people's toes...3am...mashed over Alamo Square to my place...walk in the door to find Brandon and Lindsey and Matthew and Steve in the living room having an all night country jam (because i had our record needles in my bag)...attacked Brandon with hugs and neck rubs...took off my shirt and tacked Brandon some more...hit the hay.

Sunday i bailed on DJ'ing at Casanova and watched 2 discs of Freaks and Geeks instead...i won't do that next month.

6 comments:

Dimitri said...

that's ryan, not justin...

and creepo thing worked out with pinata girl.

John Sakkis said...

whatever...

how did it work out? doesn't she live in LA?

Nada Gordon: 2 ludic 4 U said...

hey i remember tommy guerrero from my youth

John Sakkis said...

i kind of remember tommy from my youth...kind of like i remember schmitt stick or zorlac skateboards...sort of from the side...but aware none the less.

did you actually know him nada?

Nada Gordon: 2 ludic 4 U said...

My first boyfriend was a skateboarder, one of the three skateboarding Fisher brothers, and the punk/skate scenes were very much intermeshed. Jak's team, etc. So yeah, I did actually know him, although I wouldn't say we were close.

Dimitri said...

further, in san diego. eh. oh well.