Nov 4, 2009


Grendelwulf from a D&D website reviews my Gary Gygax!

"Whether he means it as sincere homage or quick cash, I can't say. But as a poetry lover (from Poe to Shakespeare to Chaucer to Maya Angelou to Robert Frost and everything else in between) I can agree with you that it is not very good...at all...not even a little...seems like he is a grade school teacher who had his students all write a poem and then he published them under his own name... Course, that's just my opinion."

you hear that Mark Lamoureux? quick cash! where the hell is my quick cash dammit!

4 comments:

rodney k said...

Frost and Maya Angelou and Chaucer and Poe and everything else in between can't be wrong, can they? CAN THEY? And hey, consider all the cheddar those cats made. :)

When I first saw the picture, I scrolled down hoping it was one of your Poet Doppelganger posts. Please make this a Poet Doppelganger post. If Lanny Quarles can Photoshop Cole Swenson into a Marianne Moore tricorn, you gotta be able to "find" a poet double for this guy.

Mark Lamoureux said...

Quick cash! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

They caught us, shamelessly trying to exploit that vast poetry-chapbook reading D&D-forum posting demographic for their $5.

Thanks for posting this, though, the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

And why are you such a magnet for this kind of thing anyway, Johnny?

François Luong said...

Did that guy just wrote Maya Angelou and poetry lover in the same sentence???

M Steven A said...

This reminds me of that one time I painted nothing but Terry Pratchett's face for six weeks straight. The show was a blowout, I made fucking bank.