Mar 15, 2011

I think I'm on the 6th hour of Berlin Alexanderplatz, I'm not loving it but feel strangely compelled to finish it. This is actually not strange at all, Gunter Lamprecht as Franz Biberkopf is out of this world.

Guston event at the Balboa Theater last night. Patrick Dunagan introduced, packed theater for Philip Guston: A Life Lived, Bill Berkson and Clark Coolidge in reminiscence after the movie. Poets/artists in attendance that I spotted: Micah Ballard, Jason Morris, Steve Dickison, Stephen Vincent, Colter Jacobson, Stephen Ratcliffe, Bird & Beckett folks.

I'm just now starting to move the records to Oakland. This is the worst part of the movie.

TV On The Radio "Track 09" just came on iTunes DJ. I really love this band. I haven't thought to listen to them for a while. But yeah, TVOTR made some phenomenal records. I have no idea what they are up to nowadays.

No comments: