Apr 4, 2011

Jimmy, Pat and Kazwell contemplate husbandry

this man is reloading his meth bullet while looking at the pretty horses

meth bullet guy, cowboy and man pointing at something with his wife shot

Nevine pretending to contemplate her bets

dude crew and one Asian girl with a sexy Chicana poof

Carl checking out some garbage-art

the view from Albany Bowl text message

posted up on bunch of landfill, garbage-hippie art dragon in the background

tent city to my left, tent city to my right, just out of frame

I have known Nevine exactly half of my life

me and Kazwell in an epic post-rock chucking malaise

this is the one where me and my brother are posing like a couple of Cholos in front of some horrible garbage/hippie graffiti

My shadow is still taller than Nevine's

wrapping it all up at Heart and Dagger

Sunday off to the race track. Another hot day, perfect for betting on the ponies at Golden Gate Fields. Dollar beers, dogs, admittance and parking. Brother, Dempsey, Pat, Kazwell, Nevine, Melissa and some other fools. I think the horse named "Not Jonny" might have won Nevine a few bucks (told her she had to bet on that one). Dempsey and Kazwell came out ahead. Carl showed up steaming at the collar but just in time for the last race. He was pissed because one of his friends had placed a "Woman looking for Men" casual encounters ad up on Craigslist using his phone number. By the time he showed up to GG Fields he had received 60 text messages (tons of cock-shots) and 15 phone calls. Poor Carl. This is what Carl posted on Facebook later that night "To whomever posted my number in a personal on craiglist, fuck you and I owe you a swift fist to the face. It was fun for a minute. But I'm over this now. And I have had 3 phone calls and five texts during the course this message. Go fuck yourself GFY!" Poor poor Carl.

After the races Carl lead us all over to Albany Bowl/Beach. A short hike into the cuts to make your way down to the water. I guess the place used to be landfill, and then people started making all of this artwork/sculpture out of the garbage. It's garbage-art/ Burner/hippie-art, lot's of squatters out there in make shift tent cities. Pretty neat spot though with a great view of GG Bridge and SF skyline. After taking in the view for a while my brother and I decided to have stone throwing contest. We were amazed that it appeared we threw the exact same distance no matter how many times we tried, we called it a tie and blamed genetics for the indecision. We then proceeded to hurl giant hunks of concrete and boulder at a wooden post, which entertained us to no end (about 20 minutes). Meanwhile, Nevine made a wrong turn somewhere back on the trails. Now totally lost she kept making these frantic phone calls to us which we found sort of hilarious only because we were in such small controlled open space. Nevine never made it down to the water so we told her to stay put and we'd find her on our way out. We spotted her within 5 minutes, collected her, apologized for being dicks and then headed back to the cars. The dudes headed home but Nevine and I decided to head to Heart and Dagger for a beer. At this point it's early evening and it's still hot out and I'm wearing a tank top, full farmer's tan from the track, I'm in an incredibly good mood. First time at Heart And Dagger, the place is amazing, exactly the kind of bar I was hoping I would find close to my new apartment. Rock and Roll bar with a pool table, TV for baseball, large backyard with picnic tables, attractive girls doing attractive things, and just 3 blocks from me! Gee Whiz I love Adam's Point. Nevine and I enjoyed our Trumer Pills in the backyard talking about boys and girls and gossip, rehashing old times etc. We walked back to my place as the sun was setting on Lake Merritt, again, had one of those 'WTF I actually live here' moments. Said our goodbyes, I made and ate leftovers for dinner, watched a couple episodes of Big Love and went to bed. Sunday.

No comments: