Nov 30, 2011

I never beat The Legend Of Zelda for the NES (not even close).

I set up my Nintendo yesterday.

I just emailed myself the IGN FAQs Legend Of Zelda walkthrough.

I'm going to beat Zelda at 32 years old.

Happy Birthday Sakkis.

Before packing up giant suitcase sized tupperware leftovers for me after Thanksgiving my Mom marched me out to the garage,  pointed at my childhood Nintendo themed "toy chest" and said "this is leaving with you..."


I was reluctant (running through my head "but Ma, there's no space in my apartment, you have a whole garage...'), but Mom just single handedly prepared a feast for 35 people, I wasn't about to bitch and moan. When I got home I cracked it open to find 40 dusty back issues Nintendo Power, a Power Glove (a la Fred Savage in The Wizard), and a smattering of cassette singles, including: Bon Jovi "Keep The Faith," Another Bad Creation "Playground,"Grand Royal Sampler, Boyz II Men "Motown Philly," Vanilla Ice "Ice Ice Baby," Sunz Of Man "And The Last Shall Be First," Red Hot Chili Peppers "Under The Bridge," Ice-T "New Jack Hustler," holy shit smells like 6th grade up in here!

But best of all I found this!


My Thrasher calendar from 1991. Check out baby Mr. September Mike Carroll doing a frontside blunt slide in "San Francisco, Embarcadero"...wait a minute, that's not the EMB!


But best of all, printed on the back of the calendar, it reads "Don't throw this calendar away! It is also good for the years 2002, 2013, 2019, 2047, 2069, 2075, 2086 & 2097." Now you probably wouldn't believe me if I told you that in 1991 (I was 11) I actually had the foresight to store this sucker away in anticipation of being able to use it again. I swear to God I remember thinking, "wow, 2002, I wonder where I'll be then..." I was a weird kid I guess? A collector and saver since a wee lad. But I missed 2002, so now looking forward to pinning this on the wall in 2013, and yeah, right now I'm definitely thinking "wonder where I'll be in a year..."

Moral of the story, thanks for making me schlep my junk out of your house Mom!
xoxo

No comments: