Jan 30, 2012

Books Read 2011

21. Amorgos- Nikos Gatsos/ translated by Sally Purcell

"On the stubble after harvest, and we ate the cut clover"...In 2008 Susan Gevirtz invited me to co-organize the Paros Translator's Symposium with her. Here are two photos (yes, self portraits, I was alone, so very very alone) pre-Symposium hiking around Amorgos with a makeshift turban/ marinating on my hotel balcony with a belly full of honey and yogurt. I was the youngest person on the island, I stayed for 5 days.


22. Signs Of Life In The USA: Readings On Popular Culture For Writers- ed. Sonia Maasik/ Jack Solomon

Ex-girlfriends & Miami in the Winter & plane rides/ airports & Dinseyland & Bladerunner & Madonna & semiotics & trade shows & hackers & Cuban sandwiches...

23. Formosa Straights- Anthony Hyde

Taiwan used to be called Formosa, Portuguese for "Beautiful Island." When my brother was in Brazil he somehow ended up in white short shorts dancing wine-drunk with a celebrity talk show host nationally known for her healthy bottom in a nation especially known for healthy bottoms. Before the trip, on the way to SFO, the entire car singing along to Prince's "Seven"..."...with an intellect/ and a savoir faire..."...I want to say my brother and his friends trashed their rental car, I do know they had one tape cassette and hundreds of miles to drive through rugged Brazilian terrain. I'm not sure what the tape cassette has to do with the condition of their rental car.

24. Sulfur #5

I not sure if this was the Paul Blackburn issue. Isn't Jason Morris really into Paul Blackburn? Last Tuesday I drank a large Mocha at Farley's and read two books by Darrell Gray. Is it safe to say that Paul Blackburn has become a sort of Neglectorino? At least of late...? I think it's definitely safe to say that Darrell Gray has become a Neglectorino...Poltroon Press just put out a neat little book of Darrell Gray and G.P. Skratz collabos.

25. Shit Magnet- Jim Goad

see Attention Span 2011


No comments: