Feb 15, 2012

Books Read 2011

41. Combo #10


Currently listening to Aidan Couglan III drinking black tea with milk and honey. I'm sick again, I've been sick 6 times this late Fall/ winter season. My right tonsil looks like an ovary, I'm on meds. I spent over $100 yesterday on meds, oranges, soups, tea and honey and milk. I watched 4 episodes of Swamp People and a documentary on Pete Rose. 


42. The 3:15 Experiment- Bernadette Mayer/ Danika Dinsmore/ Jen Hofer/ Lee Ann Brown


I met Will Yakulic at the Potrero skatepark a couple summer's ago. I was meeting up with Micah Ballard and P. Dunagan. Will was with his girlfriend, he was tall and skinny, he was wearing a too large baby blue mesh cap. I don't remember if he was visiting because he had a show in SF or it was just a social visit. Later on that night I went to a party at Cedar Sigo and Johnny Houston's house. I think that was the first time I met Julien Poirier. I was surprised at how easy it was to park in that part of the Mission. 


43. Excess Space- Christina Fisher


Christina has a very fantastic energy. I couldn't remember her name for the longest time. I introduced her to my brother one night, I said "Hey James, have you guys met yet?" James knows that "have you guys met yet?" really means "introduce yourself and then ask her her name in front of me because I've forgotten it and I don't want to look like a dick by asking her her name again, we've been hanging out for too long at this point...". So James says "hey, I'm James...what's your name?" and Christina goes "I'm Christina...nice to meet you"...


44. The Violet Suitcase 1992-2004- Matt Gonzalez


I met a very pretty Portuguese girl at Spec's in North Beach. When I called her to set up a date she just kept saying "it's too hectic, so hectic...". I never saw her again. 


45. The Persians By Aeschylus- Brandon Brown


You know how Brandon wrote that coda about the Presidio performance of his The Persians By Aeschylus?  It was a fun performance, here are some photos from that day (and hence the book). 


46. Midwinter Day- Bernadette Mayer


see Attention Span 2011


47. Sorin Oak Review #13


Michael Koshkin gave me this back in 2005. He had a couple poems in it. Yes, I actually read the entire thing, and yes, it sucked. 


48. Alternate Endings- Frances Jaffer


Human Universe I don't want
to paint a face on

a rock I speak to without
my face         Little Sir

Echo

the other

side of the bay is
the same and not

it emanates
reflects

curses the paint


49. GirlVERT- Ashley Blue


I wrote this on AUG 19th, 2011. "Oriana Small (Ashley Blue) came into SPD today. it was great to meet her. she was with her husband Dave Naz. she told this great story about drawing a mustache on a dude's penis at Booksmith last night. and then she also autographed someone's butthole. i read her book GirlVERT in two days in my office a couple months ago. i played some early Rolling Stones while she signed a bunch of books. SPD can be weird sometimes."


50. Memoir 1960-1963- Tony Towle


I read this in one sitting. A very young Kathleen Fraser makes a cameo appearance. I'm not sure Tony had much to write about here, but it was fun nonetheless. 

No comments: