May 22, 2012

I woke up last night from an intensely deep sleep.

I had no idea where I was or how I got there.

I turned on my light, rubbing my eyes, said aloud "where.am.I?"

I call this post-vacation sleep, waking up in your own bed the first night back after a long trip, not understanding how you got into this house, into this room, into this bed. Thinking that you're still on an island in the Mediterranean, or in the sleeping car of a train.

And then it all comes rushing back. I'm at home, my trip is over, I'm in my own bed.

I'm heading to Mexico in July. I haven't been on vacation yet.

I have a new poem and some Agrafiotis translations in the new issue of Fourteen Hills 18.2.

My brother turned 30 a couple days ago. The night of his birthday he texted me "there are six ways I'm going to kill you..." sent at 2:40AM.

So last night, in honor of his birthday, I watched 4 episodes of Luther while eating honey and almond butter out of the jar. I texted him letting know what I was up to, he texted back "you're me! put cinnamon on it!"

I dreamt I was getting a huge Batman tattoo, I hated it, but the tattoo artists wouldn't let me back out.

No comments: