Aug 9, 2012


my friend Billy sent me this photo of him in a Dodgers hat. puke.

Billy is from the Bay Area, born Bay Area, bred Bay Area. He's lived in LA for like 10 years, but still, puke.

here's a haterade poem for Billy J.:

LA Dodgers Hat

Gin Rummy/ Vin Scully bashed a baseball at a blue-bellied turn-coat

My GAWD I can't stand the rain in LA

I'm LACMA-intolorant at the poolside working on my CV

Silver Lake is kewl though, I have friends in Echo Park

And who has time for sushi in Studio City
when the Giants are being outbid on the diamond

Billy Jack we want you back!

Cowboy up you blue-balled hick

the East Bay isn't the same without you

XOXOX

3 comments:

WOJACKS said...

Ιωαννης, I love the poem. A few matters of clarification, for the record. I was born in Houston, does that mean I should be an Astro's fan too? I am a Bay Area Boy for life, but like Tupac, straight outta the east bay but livin' the life in LA. I also have an LA cap that is orange and black for when I visit you. I've been to more ballgames in Chaves Ravine than I ever did coming up. I'll never forget that time when I was 6 years old and shit my pants in the upper deck at an A's game and my dad had to walk me down 100+ stairs to rinse my shit out in the sink.
Love you, B
p.s. Hope to see you soon.

WOJACKS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Sakkis said...

BJ.,

Haha! Yes! Coming correct...

AND my name in Greek...you're one of a kind my friend, one of kind.

CoCo County,
Love,
Johnny