Aug 16, 2013

what is that famous Lorraine Niedecker quote?
"I've never seen a good biopic, condensory..."

in other news, Orange Is The New Black is a tad overrated doncha think?
girls be gaga for that show though.

I watched the Star Trek episode The Trouble With Tribbles last night, Trekkers be gaga for that episode, I didn't think it was all that, Kirk is kind of cute and flippant in it, playing against character, I get it, I always loved when Mulder and Scully played the fools. But I much prefer The City On The Edge Of Forever from Season 1, written by Harlan Ellison, maybe my favorite episode thus far.

sometimes I hate the word "episode." it sounds so wasteful and cloying.

driving to work this morning while listening to DJ Jesse Luscious on KALX I realized that I hate the word "luscious." it's a disgusting word, the way the tongue moves around in your mouth while enunciating it, making all those saucy sibilant sounds, indecent. it conjures images of snails slithering all over a plastic bag full of rotting squished figs. I also hate that ridiculous impossibility of a word, "comptroller."

oh boy The Knife just came on!




No comments: