Sep 3, 2013

12. Stained Glass Windows Of California- Julien Poirier 
Ugly Duckling Presse



SAKKIS Yes: the dream I had. Also, since you published early bone structure of "Way Too West" in BOTH BOTH and it gave me courage, since at that point I was completely unsure and no one I sent work to would comment, you're a hero in my book, you APPEAR, since the book does contain some messages I wrote in real time. To you and Noel Black, who also read and critiqued early Goalies.
Collab. Coffee.
---Julien
JPOIRIER,

One of my all time favorite lines from The X-Files, in the meta episode Jose Chung's From Outer Space, the dork says to Mulder and Scully "I didn't play Dungeons And Dragons all those years and not learn a little something about COURAGE"...I'm glad I gave you courage, you're a beast, a courageous beast. And those WTW poems are BEASTIAL, straight Monster's Manual BEASTIAL, was happy to publish them.
 
Sakkis,

I still have my old Monster's Manual, the only D&D book I retained.
I was a DM --- peaked in 5th grade.

Well, I don't want to express false modesty abt the poems you published in BB, which I think/thot are good, just to say I was in uncharted freefall back when I sent them / doing something different (for me) since I'd come to the end of writing a certain way / and it was important to me that you saw enough to publish them at that moment because once I saw them in print I was able to say AHHHH, and move with Alacrity into the Land's small intestines and dim suites in the spinal cloud...

Let's do the collab. For some reason I was thinking couplets. I mean, you send line, I write rhyming line + next line, then you rhyme etc etc. 

Anyway we could warm up that way.

Or we could send line w/o end wordssss

"I was looking for a place to ____"

Or you could take this stanza...

Wabash agitprop
Got my thetoric in the bodyshop
Mylanta schooner
I navigate by lunar tic

...and shred it.

Or a little surrealist glee club epaualet: 
A chocolate lobster 
in tangerine tinfoil

(bib)

in a shotgun viaduct / Tyrolean macaroni / sides with the Luftwaffe:

+ News Items
G.W. Bush visits the Luftwaffle House to make fun of Michael du Coleslaw for being a big waffler on bomb runs over Texaco
Then has a massive heart attack and his head goes SPLAT in his wiffled Poindexters---Karate

chop---Whah!

Burrito Transformer

Hellraiser Taco Truck

Virtual Reality Gauntlet

In Guinevere's open air head shop

Beans n Rice
Beans n Rice

Goin fast goin just like a rubber Louie blockade

Lookin for the orangeade

lookin for the full fade duckbill liberty bell shaved 

oer the temple
....back to you....

JP 

No comments: