Dec 21, 2005

the 'ric says magazine...

from Eric Unger
Everyone:I am seeking work for issue 1 of a journal I am assembling. The focusof this journal is on working artists / writers. This will be a forumfor people who are deeply engaged in their work, and want a place togo to either a. experiment or b. share work in progress. I reallywant to put the stress on the word EXPERIMENT. I want you to feelcompletely free to give into to your impulses, your playful side, andyour dreams of what you can produce. This will be a tool for you, ifyou want it to be. It will be a place where you can try some thingsout that you haven't before, work through some ideas you have, or justexpress a side of yourself that you haven't before. You may beinvolved in work that is not complete yet. Let this be a resource tohelp you move ahead.This is a serious request, for artists / writers who want to pushthemselves into new worlds of possibility. The only prerequisite isthat you be an active artist / writer who wants to contribute to ajournal of work that may be incomplete, imperfect, profane,intelligent, silly, exciting, mind-numbing, or all / none / some ofthe above. All media that can be translated into two-dimensions willbe acceptable.The edition will be cheaply made and staple bound. There will be avery limited number of issues made, say 25 - 50.Please help me to get this thing off the ground. I am asking youbecause I am familiar with your work and I respect it. If you know ofpeople who might be interested, please forward this e-mail to them. Atitle has yet to be chosen. I am planning for a February release. Ifyou have work and it can be sent over the internet as a word file, myaddress is eric.unger AT gmail DOT com

No comments: