Jan 31, 2006

Mueller gets ups!!!

if you're aware of my editor's mission statement published in the first issue of BOTH BOTH then this email from Daron Mueller of the Left Hand Reading series will make sense...



Hi John -- Daron here -- how are things?? I hope very well. I had
been
meaning to send this Shakespeare to you for some time (IF YOU HADN"T
ALREADY FOUND IT) -- I happened to be reading the Tempest right when
BOTH BOTH came out. Just a few minutes ago I realized that I could use
the MIT Shakespeare website and cut and paste the text to you -- there
maybe other "both both"s in Shakespeare and I suppose one could search
all text of all the plays with a "find" command and type in the text
"both".

fun fun!
d

here is the Shakespeare from the Tempest Act I, Scene 2
the MIT SHAKESPEARE site:

http://www-tech.mit.edu/Shakespeare/

*MIRANDA*

O the heavens!
What foul play had we, that we came from thence?
Or blessed was't we did?

*PROSPERO*

Both, both, my girl:
By foul play, as thou say'st, were we heaved thence,
But blessedly holp hither.

*MIRANDA*

O, my heart bleeds
To think o' the teen that I have turn'd you to,
Which is from my remembrance! Please you, farther.


...thanks Daron!

...currently listening to Mystik Journeymen Magic...

3 comments:

Jessica Smith said...

that's cool. the tempest might be my favorite shakespeare play. tho like everyone i like hamlet.

John Sakkis said...

here here!
the latter plays, also, The Midwinter's Tale...Willy got weirder and weirder with age...

also, The Midwinter's Tale gave us the notoriously difficult stage direction of "Antigonus exeunts persued by a bear"

love it!

Jessica Smith said...

right, that's crazy, i remember studying that.

i'm a sucker for romeo and juliet.