May 8, 2006

i have a Japanese penpal!

Sawako Nakayasu of Factorial magzine asked if i'd be interested in being a penpal to one of her Japanese students...i'm like, hell yeah!

so, here's our little introductions (we haven't actually corresponded yet, intros were for Sawako to get the ball rolling)...

Dear Shuichiro & John,

Congratulations! You have a pen pal!

Please find below your brief introductions - Shuichiro, your first assignment is to 'introduce' your pen pal to the class, via the class blog.

The rest is up to the two you - have fun!

Sawako

**********

Helloooooooo!!!My name is Shuichiro Kaneda.
My theme of art work is society.
I'm intelested in cultural studies.
Mostly they are represented by photograph.
By the way i like dance music especially roots reggae and house.

My name is John Sakkis. I was born and raised in the
SF Bay Area. Did undergraduate work in Creative
Writing at San Francisco State University. Have just
earned my MFA in Writing And Poetics from Naropa
University. I work as an audio technician for Naropa
University's Writing And Poetics audio archive. I'm
moving back to the Bay Area in 2 1/2 months. I publish
a monthly chapbook/ magazine series called BOTH BOTH.

5 comments:

Hot Whiskey said...

Mostly they are represented by photograph.

François Luong said...

i'm not sure the linebreaks work. and rhyming "Naropa" with "Naropa" is so 5 minutes ago.

John Sakkis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
John Sakkis said...

i love having a japanese penpal...everyone should have a japanese penpal!!!

KAAAANEEEEDAAAAAA!!!

François Luong said...

i once taught kisaki, the bassist/leader of phantasmagoria, bad pick-up lines in english. asaha tomo and tony grund of echostream were laughing their arse off at my silly efforts.