May 31, 2007

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF ARMAND C. ~An true life account of yesterday's happenings~




cast of characters:

me (Armand)
cesar (bartender)
crazy girl


A girl who was at whiskey thieves with a friend, comes up to me & it goes like this:

girl: i know you are gay but...

me: excuse me?

girl: i know you are gay, but I think you are really interesting & i rarely see people that interest me & want you to come & sit with my friend & I. (pause, i stare at the cubs game) listen, i am NOT hitting on you, cause i know u are GAY.

cesar: damn, she said you was GAY!

me: listen, i'm not gay so you know.

girl: you are not? well, the way you are dressed, you're doing a shitty job of being straight!

me: perhaps I shd look like I haven't taken a shower for a week like every other motherfucker in this city, would that be better? only in fucking san francisco would i be called fucking gay for wearing a three piece suit.

girl: where are you from then?

me: chicago

girl: [in british accent] then why are you speaking with a british accent.

me: i'm not

girl: [in british accent] yes you are DAH-LING

me: what are you talking about? Listen to how i talk, i have a chicago accent at times. I AM NOT FROM ENGLAND.

girl: then stop talking with a british accent.

me: oh my fucking god.

girl: there is nothing wrong with being gay.

me: i know there is nothing wrong with being gay [laughing]

girl: don't look over my shoulder while you are talking to me!

me: excuse me?

girl: you have a terrible mother?

me: excuse me (leaning in)

girl: your mother shd have taught you manners! Never look over a woman's shoulder when she is talking to you!

me: excuse me? well, you shouldn't go up to a guy, hit on him, & you WERE attempting to hit on me, and then accuse him of shit within the first few minutes of the conversation.

girl: i wasnt accusing you.

me: you accused me of being gay & having no manners.

girl: you don't have manners.

me: listen, i got plenty of manners, for the right person.

girl: well you arent showing them

me: i know. what i am showing you is my disinterest in you.

girl: oh (still standing there & staring at me)

cesar: listen, just leave him alone. go drink your drink over there, alright?

girl: why are you trying to get into my buisness?

cesar: because if someone doesn't want to talk to you you should leave them alone.

girl: dont talk to me like that.

cesar: i can talk to you like that, because he is a regular & he obviously doesnt want to talk to you.

girl, looks at me

me: (smirking, with my hands up, nodding my head) I just came here to watch the game.

girl: i just thought you were really interesting.

me: staring at game

girl leaves.

15 minutes later, girl is leaving bar. comes up to me

girl: i just wanted to say i am sorry for trying to talk to you. i just thought you were interesting & handsome.

me: we've already went through this.

girl: but that was then.

me: that WAS then

girl: what about now?

me: what about now?

girl: can we try to talk again

me: [laughing] no.

girl: why?

me: listen, you're crazy. please, just go.

girl leaves.

10 minutes later, i go to call orth. i go outside. girl is still standing outside.

girl: can we PLEASE try this again?

me: if i say no AGAIN, are you going to wait till i leave the bar & rape me in an alley?

me to girl: listen, no offense, but you're fucking creepy

THE END

4 comments:

DUSIE said...

do you mean, a true account ....


armand...you will regret this sad sad rejection of a girl obviously in love with you dammit!!! :) this reminds me of Cassady's letters...now we need Armands blog post!

Dimitri said...

OMG, ILMN, ISG...(oh my god, I love my neighborhood, its so great.)

François Luong said...

Yes, this was a great read. What bar was this?

John Sakkis said...

whiskey thieves in the tenderloin.