Jun 22, 2010

Super Bowl XLIII

Did my first meth and close read The End for 8 hours
All the squares in the living room want to be hung
By thick twine around the borders as a fireball
From the hand or a whale of a bus in blue drips
Cut off at the corner of the wall those hips saying
“Having a nice time wish you were here” to look
a bit more 3-dimensional as you climb through the
Front door carrying the best fried chicken from
Divisadero complete with a dance routine to battle
The Super Bowl half time show and everybody
Else knows it’s Stag Night at the corners but
I can’t seem to find the right place to hang
These portraits, all the space in the living room
Is white space and I’m playing “I spy with my little
Eye” a blue key and teapot and an American hero
On horseback with sappier drawn shouting “Pro
Patriot” but nevermind that Castlevania III cartridge
Hanging above the transom, that’s just decoration
From my childhood and this is an important day
And all my friends are rooting for the same team

1 comment:

Deme said...

Hey I gotta get Rave On! Your style has changed in this book. I really like it and all the references. Does Pop and Gram's couch still live? love you big bro