Jul 4, 2010



4th of July (by Sakkis, Orth and Boldt after watching the fireworks at Alamo Square Park 2010)

I was born to be your man
Blowing bubbles on San Simeon
A Ritz crackers summer
Whistling Towns on the Cul De Sac

There’s a cucumber waitin’ for its brine
There’s bread sitting by the toast
I don’t know how to change
I guess that’s what hurts me the most

Walk hallways skirting rooms
Not knowing our fellows + their bric a brac
Their dust bunnies, their thick+ shallow spaces
Hoping we’ll find it quicker in one another’s faces

Walked in the restaurant on a Chevy's
Birthday, when our cousins are frozen
We can't tell where to pop in the car
Stupidly calling condos "condoms"

Let’s watch all those fireworks
On the hill whiskey + beers
Let’s laugh at those assholes
And we’ll call it all souvenirs

Shut-ups + all my one + onlyies
Fill a heart with syrup let it all be thick
Watch ‘splosions + their sisters
Wake-up w/ a hankering for morning

What kind of sailor do u take me for?
That u might find a seashell in place
Of a rib humming mechanics all over
The place, and what a goddamed mess
It all is living blue by the sea

I might have a bellyache
I might have lice
I think I got AIDS
From loving Jesus Christ

Whose Daddy do you want to be?
And whose Mama are you already
It’s party time on couchsurft.net
And I’m all up on you + me

Well I was born to be your baby
And u were born to be my baby, if only we
Were born at those hills we could
Be souvenirs bought and forgotten
Whose daddy u forgot to be

1 comment:

Deme said...

Love this. Chevy's, cousins, ritz crackers. Our life in 4 words!