Jan 2, 2012


That's a photo of my new Bianchi San Jose. I just got back from my first ride around Uptown Oakland. I arrived back home with a tall Anchor and a tall Rouge Northwestern Beer. Now I'm going to watch the last 5 episodes of Bleak House.

Yesterday, after watching the 49ers win and then drinking leftover keg beers in a ghetto ass backyard in West Oakland, I headed to the City to hang out with a house full of hungover ass lesbians and 1 straight girl. We watched Scream, and Jeepers Creepers, and 16 Candles and the beginning of some movie staring Julianne Moore and Amanda Seyfried. I had no idea what was going on, from what I could surmise, Julianne Moore hired Amanda Seyfried to seduce her husband to see if he would cheat on her (who wouldn't with Amanda Seyfried though?), but then while Amanda Seyfried is seducing the husband, Julianne Moore realizes that she is in fact falling in love with Amanda Seyfried, but then Amanda Seyfried goes and spoils the whole thing by having sex with Julianne Moore and husband's son. I had to leave after that.

Today I drank Blue Bottle coffee from the Blue Bottle store for the first time, then walked around Hayes Valley for a bit. Then went and picked up Julia and Ashley and went for "breakfast" (it was 2:30pm) over at St. Frances. Inexplicably there was more than a lot of talk of placenta, Diva Cups (???), and last night's dreams, sheesh, girls right? I had the patty melt with mayo on the side.

RE: New Year's Eve, this is part of an email I wrote Orth and Otting:

"Morning Nathaniel, Steve,

...At this point it's around 11:38PM, I'm making my way across the courtyard, I stumble on a badly placed lounge chair, I pick up the lounge chair to move it to a less badly placed location so no one else might stumble, as I'm moving the chair I walk right into a small potted cactus plant dangling from a tree brach. I took the cactus to my mouth. It hurts. I reach up to my mouth with my fingers, touch my lips, and feels dozens of little cactus stingers sticking out of my lips. Fuck. It's almost midnight now and I need to find pretty-girl ___ so we can have a midnight kiss, but my mouth is full of cactus stingers. I grab my friend Brett, point at my mouth and beg for a helping hand, she laughs, says "oh shit Johnny," takes me aside into the light and very carefully, over about 5 minutes, goes about pulling and pinching all those goddamn cactus stingers out of my now puffy lips. It's kind of funny at this point, kind of. I make my way over to ___, light a couple sparklers, the whole courtyard on the countdown, happy new year, fun fun fun bright sparkly puffy lipped makeout to ring in 2012. Go 49ers."

No comments: