Feb 25, 2012

Books Read 2011

51. Memoir And Essay- Michael Gottlieb

Seems like all Language Poets work in the computer industry.

52. Jimmy And Rita- Kim Addonizio

I once wrote a semi-horrible serial poem about two SF junkies called Yellow.

53. 26 #C

I think they made it to E or G. I moved to Boulder around the same time as Elizabeth Robinson. I think I only slipped on the ice on Pearl S. 3 times in 2 years. I almost tore my ACL skateboarding home from The Catacombs after making out with a girl with a shaved head.

54. Hymns Of St. Bridget And Other Writings- Bill Berkson/ Frank O'Hara

I started dreaming of Frank O'Hara. And then I wrote this poem after Bill Berkson:


Sudden Address

I was making tuna salad when my MAG-lite went lumpy
My Search For Animal Chin scars are Blue As The Hero

I bought 2 bottles of Pinot Grigio
For a backache and exo-warehouse hullabaloo

My apartment smells like Nag Chompa
On Fredrick Douglass Plaza

I don’t have a baby to save, Madmartigan
I’m the J. Williams score F.O.B.ing backgammon in the background

Attention all Busters:
A moratorium on the Occult feltches gossip from the cauldron

Deer are played out because antlers are played out
Because “word verification” is played out
Who said “Portes, Plakoto, Fevga”?

Dear Bill, I feel lighter than when I left work
I don’t recognize my colors
I can bank on my own tradability
If we could do this any other day
I might sport my druthers

Dear Bill, I feel sloppier than those bright balloons
I’m groping towards an interlocutor 


55. The Collected Poems Of Ted Berrigan- Ted Berrigan

see Attention Span 2011

56. Temblor #6

Read it in the bathroom, no duh.

57. Combo #11

I guess there are more than 10 issues.

58. Sulfur #8

I want to say something about Sulfur #8 but I'm going to ask you a question instead? Have you read that poem Columbus Day by Brandon Brown? It was published in Mrs. Maybe #3. It is a seriously good poem. If I didn't leave my copy of Mrs. Maybe #3 at Heart And Dagger the other night I'd probably be reading that poem right now.

59. Homage To Frank O'Hara- ed. Bill Berkson/ Joe LeSueur

A fantastic book I bought at City Lights back in 2002. A sad book, almost like a funeral. I started dreaming about Frank O'Hara a lot while reading this book. I really wish there was an O'Hara documentary in the works, I wish James Franco would give some competent documentary director a lot of money to finance his Frank O'Hara pet project.

60. Cumulonimbus- Naropa Summer Writing Magazine 1996

Sometimes things are free, and I take them (e.g. 20 issues of Transfer), and I then I regret taking them, because now I have to read them. I read this.

1 comment:

François Luong said...

I once saw Kim Addonizzio read. I think I would rather read your serial poem about two SF junkies.