Apr 30, 2012




Oh look, how SF whimsical, after spending a beautiful warm day drinking beers in Dolores Park, Karyn and I stumbled upon this little parklet where a TV and video games had been very generously setup...Karyn played a terrible game of Pac Man, I snapped a quick photo, and we made our merry way. I feel like I went to 3 punk shows this weekend? Did we do that? At least two...and then Hard French on Sunday after kicking it on the Stoop at 29th and Mission all day people watching the hell out of people. There was lots of champagne this weekend. There was lots of bedtime this weekend. There was lots of sitting in the sun talking about trips this weekend. This weekend was hella lazy, exactly what I needed. This week is a bit of a detox week. I think I'm going to go one big meal, probably lunch, with healthy smaller meals in the morning and evening. And just a stupid list of foods consumed this weekend:

Po'Boy Sandwich from Front Porch
Garlic noodles and Crab Rangoon from Emmy's
pralines and carmel cream ice cream from Mitchell's
delicious home cooked meal from Karyn (braised chicken breast, fresh green beans, pomegranate rice (w/o the pomegranate cause it's not in season, natch))
home cooked vegan banana pancakes for breakfast (bananas instead of eggs, it worked, it worked well even)
cheese plate prepared by Karyn, copa, pancetta, olive bread, sliced apples, olive medley, soft truffle cheese (I couldn't remember the word "truffle" just now so I just googled "expensive things you dig out of the ground"), some kind of grana padano (I think)...oh yeah, and the coup de grace, almonds heated on the stove in olive oil and sea salt. Yum fool, yum.

Have you guys seen the new issue of Steve Orth's Where Eagles Dare? I'm a bit biased because I have work in this issue (and dude is my best friend), but goddamn isn't WED just the coolest magazine out there right now? I'm so proud of ORTH, making his mark, and what an excellent mark it is.  Besides me, the newest (BLACK) issue includes fantastic work from Jamie Townsend, Sara Rothberg and Sunnylyn Thibodeaux.

I think Karyn and I are heading to LA in a couple weeks. I want to see Billy, I want to see Mosconi and Rita...I think we're going to rent this amazing house in Silverlake for the weekend.


No comments: