Jun 22, 2012


Kalimera Parea!, (friends, family, crew, girlfriend, colleagues, communities), 

I come bearing news, BlazeVOX Books has published my and Angelos's translation of Demosthenes Agrafiotis's "now 1/3" and thepoem. The book (two books in one!) is officially hot off the press as of this morning, I received the box at SPD myself. Angelos and I have been slowly but surely working on these books over the last few years, usually on a Wednesday at Small Press Distribution while on my lunch break. We've enacted the Agon, we've parsed the Politic, we've acclimated the Abstract. It has been a longish but fun few years working together to get these works into the shape they are today. We're both very proud of the final product.

If you'd like to order your very own copy of "now, 1/3 and thepoem", (you would wouldn't you?), Angelos and I would be very grateful and much indebted. Just follow the link pasted below to order from SPD's website.

http://www.spdbooks.org/Producte/9781609640507/quotnow-13quot-amp-thepoem-.aspx

Thanks so much for supporting small press poetry, small press translation, and small press poets!

So, as Demosthenes always signs off, "Egardia" (from the heart),
John + Angelos = SAKKIS
XOXOXOXO

3 comments:

Steve Orth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve Orth said...

HELL YEAS. Congrats!!!

John Sakkis said...

thanks Steve!