Oct 2, 2013

20. Acts #6 A Book Of Correspondences For Jack Spicer- ed. Benjamin Hollander/ David Levi Strauss


Earlier this Summer I went to the Susan Gevirtz, Frances Richard book party reading at The Green Arcade. Benjamin Hollander was in attendance. After the reading Hollander and I got to talking about Acts. I mentioned that Acts #6 "the Spicer issue" was still the only copy I hadn't been able to track down, at least for a reasonable price. About two weeks later a parcel from Ben shows up in my mailbox. I opened it up only to find a pristine copy of Acts #6 with a note from Ben reading "Dear John #1 Acts Fan- Now I wonder if I will see this copy of Acts for sale for 800 dollars with this personal note. B.-" This note refers to an inside joke that Ben wouldn't want me to divulge on this blog.

No comments: