Apr 17, 2012

This weekend was a magic carpet bride. An emotional helicopter. An epic bon voyage. A sweet Ballachine bull terrier. I didn't eat enough in the woods and got the shakes, I drank too much water and then dry sauna sweated it all out, I hugged and I kissed and I dangled (!) and stooped. I played skeet ball while Blood Orange rocked the Rickshaw. I danced with a beautiful girl while Blood Orange rocked my loins. I drove on Redwood country roads for hours and hours with no radio. I ate mints and held hands while I drove. Karyn and I spent Saturday naked soaking in hot springs. Karyn and I spent Saturday sweating and cold dipping excessively. We drank bottles of red wine, ate hummus and grapes and pears, listened to the woods, admired the light, sat next to the creek, felt like hippies and took photos and photos, we got cold then got warm, waited and then waited for dinner. Karyn cooked us dinner. We ate dinner. I felt ASTRAL. I felt disembodied poetics. I felt sexy. We soaked in a tub together on a rooftop deck looking at the stars. We went to bed in our little cabin in the woods. And then Ft. Brag. And then Burgers. And then 10 Mile River. And then the Beach. We saw a seal though couldn't find Seal Rock Beach. We sat on Beach Wood and shivered. We got back in the car and headed back. On Sunday Karyn impressed the entire family by learning to Greek dance. On Sunday Karyn impressed the family by picking up Greek, "Christos Anesti!" "Alithos Anesti!" "YAMAS!" "YASSOU!"...Backgammon (Portes) with my Dad, lamb with my cousins, wine and beer with the park, sitting with my Mom, Christos Anesti. And then the denouement with Downton Abbey, and the balcony, and plans for more. We had a weekend. Here are some photos from it...

No comments: